Welcome to the Premier Cowboy Action Shooting Venue in Texas!
See the News Tab for recent announcements.
The Battle of Plum Creek (BoPC) is held by the Plum Creek Shooting Society, at the Comanche Country Ranch in Lockhart, Texas.
The Plum Creek Shooting Society shoots at the Comanche Country Ranch (formerly Agarita Ranch) near Lockhart, Texas, where there is a full-size Western town, 10 great shooting stages, ample parking, lots of space for loading and unloading, a large pavilion for meals and other activities, overnight accommodations, including RV hook-ups (electricity and water), a hotel and a bunkhouse. There are even flush toilets. We shoot all the usual SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) categories and also Working Cowboy & Cowgirl, Wild Agarita, Cody/Dixon long-range and GAF (Grand Army of the Frontier).
Workdays: Friday before the match from 9 am ’til Noon. Contact Dragon Hill Dave at (512) 626-8189 or email@example.com for more info.
What is the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS)?
Cowboy Action Shooting or Single Action Shooting is an internationally recognized sport. The Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) was created for the organization, preservation and promotion of the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting. The SASS endorses regional matches conducted by affiliated clubs, stages END of TRAIL, The World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting, promulgates rules and procedures to ensure safety and consistency in Cowboy Action Shooting matches, and seeks to protect its members’ 2nd Amendment rights. SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West and competitive shooting. Go to http://sassnet.com for more information on Cowboy Action Shooting.
Cowboy Action Shooting Events at the Comanche Country Ranch
- Monthly Shoots are on the first Saturday of each month.
- Registration begins at approximately 7:45 a.m. and usually closes about 8:30.
- We register late arrivals after 8:30, but cannot guarantee preferred posse assignment.
- Mandatory Shooter Safety Meeting at 8:45 a.m.
- We try to be hammers down (shooting) by 9:00 a.m.
- We shoot five or six stages, depending on weather (HOT June – Aug we shoot 5 stages)
- We always have an optional 6th stage for those who want to shoot 6.
- Cost $15 for members; $20 for non-members
- We serve lunch after the match ($8). If you are interested in helping with lunch, contact Dragon Hill Dave at (512) 626-8189 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a work day on the Friday before the match. Come help when you can. We share drinks and snacks afterwards, usually around noon. There is time for practice shooting when the work is finished.
- Contact Dragon Hill Dave at (512) 626-8189 or email@example.com for more info on workdays.
Click on the ABOUT Tab above for more information about the Plum Creek Shooting Society and how to join.
Recommended ammo count for a six-stage match:
Having a little ammo extra never hurts!