Welcome to the Premier Cowboy Action Shooting Venue in Texas!
The Plum Creek Shooting Society shoots at the Comanche Country Ranch near Lockhart, Texas, where there is a full-size Western town, 10 great shooting stages, ample parking, lots of space for loading and unloading, a large pavilion for meals and other activities, overnight accommodations, including RV hook-ups (electricity and water), a hotel and a bunkhouse. There are even flush toilets. We shoot all the usual SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) categories and also Cody/Dixon long-range.
The Battle of Plum Creek (BoPC) is held by the Plum Creek Shooting Society, at the Comanche Country Ranch in Lockhart, Texas.
What is the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS)?
Cowboy Action Shooting or Single Action Shooting is an internationally recognized sport. The Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) was created for the organization, preservation and promotion of the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting. The SASS endorses regional matches conducted by affiliated clubs, stages END of TRAIL, The World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting, promulgates rules and procedures to ensure safety and consistency in Cowboy Action Shooting matches, and seeks to protect its members’ 2nd Amendment rights. SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West and competitive shooting.
Go to http://sassnet.com for more information on Cowboy Action Shooting.
Cowboy Action Shooting Events at the Comanche Country Ranch
- Monthly Shoots are on the first Saturday & Sunday of each month. We shoot six stages Saturday & Sunday except the HOT months (July – Sept) when we only shoot on Saturdays
- Registration begins at approximately 7:45 a.m. and usually closes about 8:30.
- Mandatory Shooter Safety Meeting at 8:45 a.m.
- We try to be hammers down (shooting) by 9:00 a.m.
- Cost $15 for members; $20 for non-members
- We serve lunch after the Saturday match for $10.00. If you are interested in staying for lunch, you must text your RSVP to Ms. Jacki at 512-964-9065 prior to the day of the match.
- We have a work day on the Sunday before our monthly matches, starting about 9:00AM. Come help when you can. We share drinks and snacks afterwards, usually around noon. There is time for practice shooting when the work is finished. Contact Brazos Bo at 210-303-6996 or BrazosBo@hotmaill.com for more info on workdays.
Click on the ABOUT Tab above for more information about the Plum Creek Shooting Society and how to join.
Recommended ammo count for a six-stage match:
Having a little ammo extra never hurts!